Monday, October 8, 2018

Thanksgiving

Each of us at Lotus and Lettuce wanted to post this weekend, taking the time to let you all know what Thanksgiving means to us.
First of all, I’m grateful for my family. I don’t see them as often as I would like but I know I have their unconditional love and support and that has never wavered despite my jagged edges and my struggles with alcoholism, OCD and depression.
I’m grateful for my healthy body and the 22 extra years I’ve been granted since the day of my cancer diagnosis. I struggle mentally at times but I don’t take for granted that I wake up able to get out of bed with energy and free of pain. I love that I am healthy and fit enough to teach yoga for a living and that I have a steady if not consistent personal practice.
I’m grateful that I still play soccer twice a week. I’ve loved this sport intensely since I was five years old and to still be able to play it and play to my capabilities and enjoy it as much as I ever have is an enormous blessing.
Lastly, I’m eternally grateful for my Vernon adventure; my great friend Michellene and her family that have welcomed me with open arms and the extended community we are growing at Lotus and Lettuce.
Michellene’s decision to open this studio and offer me the chance to join her allowed me to leave behind my old life, move back to my home province of BC again and get back to the mountains and lakes I grew up with.
I deeply love and admire my fellow teachers here at Lotus and Lettuce; and I am grateful every time a member of our community comes through the door, allowing me the opportunity to live my dream and teach for a living.
Happy thanksgiving to each and every one of you ðŸ˜Š
Namaste!
Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews