Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

What does yoga mean to me? Chapter 6 - I Was Wrong

Shortly after arriving in Vancouver I met an amazing girl, someone I could picture falling in love with; we hit it off and started to see each other often. One night she invited me to a party her best friend was having as she was eager for me to meet all her friends who would be there and of course I was more than happy to! This should have been a proud moment for me as we walked to the front door; the two of us happy and smiling together as the door opened...and...FUCK...
It was the girl I had drunkenly terrorized back in PG. It was an extraordinary and surreal few minutes as the two of them disappeared into another room, and just as quickly I was enduring a quiet and tense drive to drop her off at home, never to see her again.

For the longest time I was able to fool myself that I drank to have fun, that I drank because I enjoyed it and it enhanced my life, but sirens were screaming now. My family would express concern and I would laugh it off, tell them I only drank occasionally after rugby games. Bills were piling up and going unpaid. Drinking was starting to drastically affect me; that I was still able to brush it off and continue to lie to myself was an ability I would eventually regret with all my heart, but for now it was still business as usual.

It's Sunday! Who's coming to the Roxy with me?


"I Was Wrong" Social Distortion

When I was young, I was so full of fear I hid behind anger, held back the tears It was me against the world, I was sure that I'd win The world fought back, punished me for my sins
I felt so alone, so insecure I blamed you instead and made sure I was heard And they tried to warn me of my evil ways But I couldn't hear what they had to say 

I was wrong Self destruction's got me again I was wrong I realized now that I was wrong

And I think about my loves, well I've had a few I'm sorry that I hurt them, did I hurt you too I took what I wanted, put my heart on the shelf Now how can you love me when you don't love yourself
It was me against the world, I was sure that I'd win The world fought back, punished me for my sins And they tried to warn me of my evil ways But I couldn't hear what they had to say

I was wrong Self destruction's got me again I was wrong I realized now that I was wrong
I was wrong, yeah I was wrong

I grew up fast, I grew up hard Something was wrong from the very start I was fighting everybody, I was fighting everything But the only one that I hurt was me
I got society's blood running down my face Somebody help me get outta this place How could someone's bad luck last so long Until I realized that I was wrong 

I was wrong Self destruction's got me again I was wrong I realized now that I was wrong
I was wrong Self destruction's got me again I was wrong The only one that I hurt was me
I was wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews